Sherrie B. believes that going to drug treatment was the best thing she had ever done. Sherrie struggled with alcohol addiction for many years before starting the Narconon drug rehab program and lost many things in life as a result of this.
Unfortunately there are many more that go without treatment for alcohol abuse who do not live to tell the tale of their road to recovery.
Arguable one of the biggest concerns in today’s society is the abuse of alcohol. Because alcohol is perfectly legal, it is socially acceptable to consume it. We see advertisements every were we go showing people drinking and having a good time. Alcohol addiction is not an issue for all people. But for the unlucky individuals it can create a life threatening issue. Alcoholics are so accustomed to drinking on a regular basis that stopping becomes difficult, and even deadly.
Irritability, shakes, DT’s, high blood pressure, hallucinations, and nausea can all be caused by alcohol withdrawals. Alcoholism often leads an individual down a path of unhealthy, painful, emotional, and social distress. Alcoholism continues to worsen overtime and a person’s health often goes downhill right along with it.
• Alcohol reliance and abuse cost the United States approximately $220 billion in 2005. For the sake of evaluation, this was larger than the amount of money exhausted to combat cancer ($196 billion) and obesity ($133 billion).
• 25.9% of juvenile alcohol abusers drink 47.3% of the entire amount of alcohol consumed by drinkers under the lawful age.
• Alcoholism ups a drinker’s odds of developing cancer of the larynx, liver,throat, colon, esophagus kidneys, and rectum. It may also add to immune system irregularities, harming an unborn baby, brain damage and cirrhosis of the kidneys and liver.
• An estimated 43% of United States adults have had a close reletive to them who is currently, or was, an alcoholic at one point in time.
• 3,000,000 million United States citizens over the age of 60 abuse alcohol or require it to function on a normal level.
• Close to three times the amount of US males (9.8 million) abuse, or are dependent upon, alcohol than females (3.9 million).
• 6.6 million United States minors in the US live with an alcoholic parent.
• According to recent studies about 14 million United States residents battle alcohol addiction each year.
• More than 50% of adults over the age of 18 in the United States have had knowledge of a close family member with an alcohol problem.
• Surveys show 13.8 million United States adults abuse alcohol, and 8.1 million of them suffer from addiction or alcoholism.
• An estimated 25% of all children experience some form of alcoholism in their immediate family before they turn 18 years old.
• In recent studies, United States alcoholism statistics revealed that about 2.6 million binge drinkers were between the ages of 12 and 17 years old.
• In the U.S, almost three times as many men (9.8 million) as women (3.9 million) are alcohol-dependent or abuse alcohol.
• Studies reveal that around 56% of students in grades 5-12 admit that advertisements displaying alcohol encourages them to drink.
• The third leading cause of preventable death in the United States is Alcohol Abuse, and Alcoholism.
• Statistics reveal that for U.S employers, alcohol abuse is the cause of about 67% of total amount of substance abuse incidents.
• Studies have shown that children who try their first drink of alcohol by 7th grade are more likely to experience academic problems, delinquent behavior, and substance use in both high school and middle school.
Narconon Arrowhead is one of the most successful Inpatient Drug and Alcohol treatment facilities in the nation, with over a 70% proven statistical success rate. Narconon has helped thousands of individuals recover from the destructive path of Drug and Alcohol addiction. Narconon Arrowhead is a 501C3 Not for Profit organization that handles both drug and alcohol addiction and education. Narconon Arrowhead is located on the beautiful Lake Eufaula in Southeast Oklahoma. Situated in the back of the vast Arrowhead State Park, Narconon is the ideal location for a treatment facility. Narconon centers carry many accreditations by both the state and national regulating commissions for rehab centers.
In Sherrie’s case, the Narconon program was the right solution for her to handle her addiction to alcohol. Sherrie states that Narconon taught her so much about herself and the reasons she drank. It showed her that alcohol does not have to be part of her life to be happy and she now has respect and integrity.
“When I look in the mirror I love the person I see, and that means everything to me,” says Sherrie. “The staff here at Narconon are awesome they truly do care about each person who walks through the door. Thank you Narconon from the bottom of my heart.”
For more information on Narconon call 800-468-6933.